2015 Container Contest
Would you like to win a $50 Weston Nurseries gift card? The Gardeners Exchange 2015 Container Contest is right around the corner!
Judging will be held during our August 15th meeting “Herbs: How to Grow & Use” which will be held at the Hillside School in Marlboro.
If you would like to enter the contest, now is the time to get started!
Here are a few helpful hints for you:
- Our theme for the year is “edible flowers and herbs.” If you’d like to design your container around our theme that would be great – but isn’t required.
- One winner will be chosen in each of the following categories:
- Most edible (use of herbs and / or edible flowers)
- Most colorful
- Most unique
- Valuable prizes will be awarded for entries that get the most votes. Everyone gets to vote on their favorites via secret ballot.
- You will want to start thinking about your design soon so that you can find a good selection of plants at local nurseries. If you wait until August, there won’t be many left!
- Don’t make your container too big and heavy – you will need to get it into your car to bring it to the meeting.
- For ideas and help with your “Thrill, Fill and Spill” plant selections, try this google search: https://www.google.com/webhp?hl=en#hl=en&q=thrill+spill+fill